Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division
Use the four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) with whole numbers to solve problems
Multiply or divide to solve word problems involving multiplicative comparison using drawings and equations. (Example: You have $5. I have 7 times as much money as you. How much money do I have?)
- Solve multistep word problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including problems in which the remainder must be interpreted.
- Find factors and multiples of whole numbers within 100.
Generate and analyze patterns.
- Generate a number or shape pattern that follows a given rule.
- Read, write, compare and round multi-digit whole numbers.
- Fluently add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
- Multiply and divide multi-digit whole numbers using strategies based on place value, the properties of operations and the relationship between multiplication and division.
Extend understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering.
- Compare fractions with different numerators and denominators by using benchmark fractions or generating equivalent fractions.
- Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions with like denominators.
- Multiply a fraction by a whole number using visual models and equations.
- Write fractions with denominators of 10 or 100 as decimals and compare decimals to the hundredth’s place.
Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements from a larger unit to a smaller unit.
- Use the four operations to solve word problems involving conversion of larger units of measurement to smaller units of measurement.
- Find the area and perimeter of rectangles.
- Measure angles and solve addition and subtraction problems to find unknown angles.
- Recognize and identify a line of symmetry for 2-D shapes.
Supporting your Child
Math Support Videos
Multiplying by breaking apart
Dividing Using MUltiplication