Operations and the number system
Write and interpret numerical expressions.
- Solves problems using parenthesis, brackets, or braces.
- Read, write, compare and round decimals to thousandths
- Graph ordered pairs to identify a pattern.
Perform operations with multi-digit whole numbers and with decimals to hundredths.
- Fluently (accurately and efficiently) multiply and divide with multi-digit whole numbers using strategies based on place value, properties of operations and the relationship between multiplication and division.
- Multiply, divide, add, and subtract decimals to hundredths using models or drawings.
- Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators (Ex: 2/5 +1/2)
- Multiply a fraction or a whole number by a fraction.
- Find area of rectangles with fractional side lengths
- Divide unit fractions by whole numbers and whole numbers by unit fractions by using models and equation.
Geometric measurement: understand concepts of volume and relate volume to multiplication and to addition.
- Find the volume of rectangular prisms.
- Use measurement conversions to solve multi-step word problems.
Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on the properties of their lines and angles.
- Draw and identify points, lines, line segments, rays, angles, perpendicular and parallel lines.
- Identify and draw lines of symmetry.
Supporting your Child
Math Support Videos
Dividing using Multiplication